There are so many awesome things I love about summer - maybe enough to right a whole book! This week's Thursday Thirteen is all about the totally sweet sensations of summer:
1. No more school! (Except for those who get Summer school...) Kids slave away for 180 days a year for, what? Twelve years?! We deserve a BREAK!
2. Friends are the key to a totally SWEET! summer!During school, I can only get together with my friends on the weekends because of all the homework loads!Which brings us to #3!!
3. NO HOMEWORK! During the summer, kids are free to run around from morning 'til night, with absolutely NO interruptions!
4. Pool time! During the summer, I'm like a fish! I'm basically swimming 24/7! I'm soooooo lucky to have a pool in my back yard!
5. My family spends a lot of time at the beach during Summer Vacation! Tanning, swimming, chasing seagulls...yep, that's the life!!
6. Vacation! Every summer, my family and I pack up and head down the shore line to sunny, beautiful and awesome CAPE MAY, NJ!! There is always something to do down at the Cape! I don't think I've ever been bored down there, EVER!!
7. Sleeping in! No more waking up at 6 am! I'm free to sleep to my heart's content! This morning, I slept 'til 11:30! That's not my record, but it's close! (Gotta get past 2 pm next time.)
8. Shopping! I am a SHOP-A-HOLIC! It should be considered a sport the way I see it! What do you think I do with my free time??!!
9. The heat! I hate cold weather, absolutely DESPISE it!! I love the weather anywhere from 85 to 102 degrees! (Except when it's humid, yuck!)
10. The sounds of summer keep me going! I love the sound of birds chirping, cicadas humming, and the bees that are buzzing!
11. BBQ's with the family are awesome! Here's the typical This Full House BBQ: Hot Dogs, Burgers, Ribs, Chicken, Corn on the Cob, Soda, Water, Lemonade, Iced Tea, Macaroni Salad, Fruit Salad, Veggie Salad, and for dessert...SMORES! (Yes, my mom makes all this!!)
12. Here are three words I couldn't live without: Root Beer Float! The core of my existence! Vanilla, root beer goodness that tickles my taste buds and sends shivers down my spine! My Dad makes them better than Stewart's does!! (Now that's saying something!!)
13. Last, but most definitely not least (Drum roll, please!)...ALL THE SUNNY DAYS!! I think almost 90% of all the days during the summer are SUPER SUNNY!
Well, since my work here is done, I'm gonna go put on my swimsuit, grab my 'shades' and soak up some Vitamin D! (Yes Mom, of course after putting on sun screen)
© 2008 This Full House - All Rights Reserved.