AT&T Wireless HomeManager is a portable, seven-inch color touch screen frame that enables one-touch access to Internet content and popular wireless phone applications with traditional home phone service, so every member of the family can access the information that’s important to them while spending time together.
Sounds complicated, right?
Aaaand, I'm pretty sure it's the reason why my friends at Fleischman-Hillard (on behalf of AT&T) sent us one (we've done work together, before) and seeing as I have very little patience for user manuals, the size of novels, or products that require a degree in rocket science, just to put the darned thing together.
It sat in the box, unopened, for a couple of days.
Then, there's my family's schedule. Oh, and the fact that I tend to break things, a lot.
Yeah, it's a good fit, but can the AT&T Wireless Manager keep up with our cuh-ray-zee and very full house?
All you need is a home phone service and broadband connection to make it work so, YAY, we were off to a good start!
The AT&T HomeManager bundle includes:
- The HomeManager base
- Frame charging cradle
- Frame battery
- Handset charging cradle
- Handset battery
- Handset power adapter
- Two frame/base power adapters
- Ethernet cable
- Quick Start Guide on CD.
So, what's it do?
- Add and share your phone book entries between your cell phone and your home phone automatically — all your contacts on every phone!
- Know who is calling! Calls from contacts listed in your address book are automatically identified by picture and ringtone.
- See a list of your voicemail messages and listen to only the messages you want, in the order you want them. No need to play through all messages.
- Manage your communications through complete detailed call logs.
- Find people and businesses fast with direct touch screen access to Yellow Pages and White Pages listings, view maps and one–touch click–to–dial capabilities.
- Get localized weather, news, and movies, plus personalized sports scores, stock quotes, horoscopes, lottery numbers, recipes, and more within easy touch.
- An interactive calendar complete with appointments and reminders.
- Quickly check your inbox, read, reply, compose, and send emails.
- It's an easy–to–view digital picture frame when not in use.
- Personalize the frame to your own preferences so you always have ready access to your favorite features and information.
- Add additional handsets or a touch screen frame for use throughout your home.
Was it easy to install?
To be real honest with you -- and you know, I will -- my husband, Garth (not his real name) took one look at the box, with all the equipment included and, well, was intimidated into announcing that he would need some more time, you know, to study the manual.
I'm not good with waiting, either.
Remember that Quick Start Guide I told you about? Well, I grabbed it after school one day, along with a cup of coffee, which I didn't even get to finish. The step-by-step installation and syncing the base, handset, and frame to our Internet connection was much easier than I expected.
RETAIL VALUE: As of 2/01/09 - AT&T HomeManager package is available for $349.99 and there are no monthly recurring charges. AT&T home phone service customers may qualify for a price discount of $149.99 - visit AT&T HomeManager Website for details.
FINAL VERDICT: The AT&T HomeManager is very user-friendly and I am still finding out cool stuff about what it does. Like, checking my local (and national) weather, or what's playing at the movie theaters in the area, with just one touch. It's that simple and quick. Quick is good. Though the cost maybe a lot for some families (like mine) or a lot to handle at once, I love multi-functional gadgets (like this) and the fact that it's one product (small house, remember?) that serves as a home phone, virtual calendar, phone book and digital photo frame (totally wireless and portable) well, in my opinion, the AT&T HomeManager is totally worth it and my most favorite gadget, yet!
TRY IT OUT HERE: Here's a really cool interactive demo of the AT&T HomeManager!
Unfortunately, I just could not dig up a spare AT&T HomeManager to share. No worries, I was able to grab one of these really cool new cell phones, though. Because, AT&T rolls like that. Want one?
Introducing the Samsung Propel: Just open up this sleek messaging phone and unlock the possibilities, from Texting to Email to Instant Messaging - all streamlined, thanks to a full slide-out QWERTY keypad. And that's just the beginning. It's also packed with fun features like high-speed multimedia access, full web browsing, AT&T Music, AT&T Navigator and much more.
[Retail Value: $249.99, or $49.99 for a 2-year activation and $50 rebate from AT&T]
FIND IT HERE: Samsung A767 Propel - Blue Cell Phone
WIN IT HERE: GO TO THE GIVEAWAY ENTRY FORM ON THIS PAGE
Be sure to enter before 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, February 11th.
Gosh, but I love giving stuff away - good luck!