All you have to do is visit and leave a comment, sharing the book that's had the greatest impact on your life.
Bookrenter will be donating 1 book for every comment left on the post up to May 28th (my birthday!) or, up to 1,000 books to kids in need.
Books are shockingly scarce for kids in need:
- In low-income neighborhoods there is an average of only one book for every 300 children, compared to 13 books for every child in middle-income neighborhoods.
- 80% of preschool and after-school programs serving low-income populations have no age-appropriate books for their children.70% of 4th graders from low-income families in the US score ‘below proficiency’ in reading.
- 85% of juvenile offenders have reading problems.
- Among adults at the lowest level of literacy proficiency, 43% live in poverty.
- Among adults with strong literacy skills, only 4% live in poverty.
Here's the link to the book donation drive:
Remember, all you have to do is click and leave a comment for a donation to be made -- I just donated a book with this blog post -- thanks for reading!!!
© 2010 This Full House - All Rights Reserved.DISCLOSURE: NO PAYMENT WAS RECEIVED FOR THIS BLOG POST -- BECAUSE NICE MATTERS AND POVERTY SUCKS!!!