The kids and I get so FIRED UP this time of year -- especially, when it comes to homemade treats -- we ALL have such GRAND plans about baking just about every cookie imaginable and gifting them to family and friends.
Then, before we know it, it's Christmas Eve and, well, you know.
Then again, that's what attending church bake sales and those last minute Hail Mary runs to [insert your favorite local bakery, here]are for, right?
There is one baked treat, however, that remains a favorite family tradition, beginning on Thanksgiving Eve and carrying us right through to January 6th, or what my parents call, "Little Christmas."
It just wouldn't be the holidays without my almost-16-year old daughter Heather's awesome Cranberry Apple Bread.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped cranberries (or you can toss in craisins, instead)
Putting It ALL Together:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix sugar and butter together in a medium mixing bowl until completely blended.
- Add egg, applesauce and milk, mixing well.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing just until moist and then fold in cranberries.
- Spread batter evenly in a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Oh, there are more decadent treats to be had at holiday time...for sure.
For our family? It just wouldn't be the holiday season without the wonderful aromas of cinnamon, pumpkin spice, vanilla and, best of all, Heather's cranberry apple bread wafting through the house on Christmas Eve.
Now, it's your turn!
Tell International Delight what your favorite holiday treat is for a chance to win a $200 Walmart gift card from BlogFrog.
Capture the flavors of the holidays in every cup of coffee with International Delight Creamers. Available in a variety of flavors, such as, Pumpkin Pie Spice, Vanilla Spiced Rum and White Chocolate Raspberry.
© 2003 - 2011 This Full House
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions expressed by me do not necessarily reflect the view of the International Delight Brand.