My oldest daughter was kind enough to accept the challenge of working with me on a month long test drive for a new acne foam medication called Max Clarity.
Holly suffers from the worst acne of all my teens, enough said.
Here's my first post explaining a little more about the challenge and the reason(s) why we've elected to participate in this program: http://www.thisfullhouse.com/reviews/2012/03/maxclarity-foam-acne-medication-review.html
Holly has been using the product for the last few weeks: we're ready to share the results, BEFORE and AFTER pictures and a little more information about the product.
OUR MONTH LONG TEST DRIVE INCLUDED:
- Holly washed with MaxClarity Deep Cleanser both morning and night.
- Then, followed her morning wash with the Advanced Acne Treatment for the day.
- Rejuvenating Toner was applied on after her evening wash and before bed.
MAX CLARITY VS. OTHER ACNE TREATMENTS WE'VE USED:
- Holly preferred the foam application: she also found the foam suprisingly did NOT dry her skin out as quickly as other acne creams and lotions have in the past.
- She does caution using less: be careful when dispensing product; you need a very small amount, however, the foam comes out very quickly.
- MaxClarity has NOT irritated her skin: her favorite key point of the road test.
- The results are not as quick as some products we've used in the past: on the other hand, there are less steps to remember, so the product takes less time to use and is NOT as messy as other acne treatments.
- Also, her skin has progressively gotten better: whereas other "quick fix" products have irrated her skin and/or in some cases caused her to breakout even more.
- Disclosure: Holly admits to skipping a couple of days due to "severe exhaustion" (the kid has worked close to 40 hours since our first post) but, she had no problems with getting right back on track.
Photos were not touched-up or edited in any way, much to her chagrin.
FINAL RESULTS: MaxClarity claims it "generally clears skin of acne in approximately 8-12 weeks." After 27 days, Holly has seen a significant difference in how her skin looks and feels. More importantly, Holly is very happy with the her appearance.
FINAL VERDICT: Holly is graduating high school in June (don't EVEN get me started!) and she is very excited about the prospect of having her braces off by senior prom. So, yes, being able to celebrate these HUGE milestones...with clearer skin...and the fact that she is generally pleased with her appearance, I am absolutely THRILLED with the results of this test drive!
Figuring out how in the heck we're going to continue paying for it ALL, not so much.
I mean with the prom, graduation party, don't even get me started on college and another kid driving next year, stuff like that: Max Clarity is priced the same or less than other acne product treatments.
MORE ABOUT THE MAXCLARITY BRAND: Visiting the MaxClarity Difference Promise will give consumers (like us) the opportunity to view the brands commitment to providing a positive customer service experience.
The MaxClarity Difference Team is a group of staff dedicated to listening to customer feedback and using that information to improve their products and services.
Please feel free to check out the Frequently Asked Questions on Max Clarity's website for more information about the product.
© 2003 - 2012 This Full House
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of MaxClarity and received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.