Reverb 10 is an online initiative created by Gwen Bell to reflect on 2010, consider, you know, what's next and, through daily writing prompts, help folks (like me) share their story.
Since I am ALL about sharing (shuddup Garth, not your real name!) and my friend Shannon is doing it (although, the non-conformist in me can't promise to, you know, write daily) I've decided to give it a whirl.
Today's prompt: Make -- what was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?
My youngest daughter (she's 9) and I recycled some old stuff to make this cute reindeer ornament for a Clever Girls Collective craft project last month!
We did A LOT of crafts when my kids were younger -- give a kid a piece of paper, a crayon and a couple of glue sticks, well, you ARE the Queen (or King) of Distraction -- especially, around the holidays.
As for things I want to make?
Well, we don't seem to have time to craft together as we used to (could be a bad, or good thing, depending on how you look at it) however, you are NEVER too old for paper chains and snowflakes, right?
Then, there are those pesky little home repair projects.
[blows bangs out of eyes]
Got a few minutes? There's a list. Somewhere. I just had it. I swear.
In all seriousness, Garth (not his real name) and I are hoping to make time to actually finish several projects we've started...um...a few years ago, or twenty, like:
- The kitchen: there's the ceiling (i.e. actually put one up, or just paint the damned drywall, already) and the cabinets (oh, they're up, just old) these really DO need our immediate attention!
- The bathroom: whose idea was it to wallpaper it, anyway? Oh wait, that would be me (shuddup Ty Pennington!)
- Our bedroom: see kitchen notes (minus cabinets.)
- Girls' bedroom: They're 17, 15 and almost 10, so the Barney colors have G2G (see bathroom notes!)
- Dining room: In a moment of, "Do'oh, I just can't take it anymore," my husband came home from work, one day, and found the fugly brown rug rolled up at the curb, years ago. I was surprised to find a beautiful hardwood floor underneath that is now SCREAMING for a new coat of varnish (seriously, I hear it whimpering in my sleep!)
- The livingroom: is in between the dining room and kitchen and, well, it would also be EXTREMELY jealous if we didn't, you know, pay its walls at least some attention, too.
- The boy's room: still needs a door, DAMMIT!
Hence, the reindeer gift tag addressed to, "Daddy!"
[sound of crickets]
No, it's NOT a door! Besides, Garth (not his real name) and I adopted the "no gifting each other" rule this year (stupid economy!) it is, however, a BIG bunch of good intentions all wrapped up with a pretty little bow and everything!
Shhhhh, don't tell him...okay?