I love traveling to blogging conferences and when people ask me, "What IS it that you do again?" I half-jokingly reply about my being a Professional Dork, by definition:
- A little odd
- Often times silly
- Extremely clumsy
- Breaks things (a lot!)
- Prone to laugh-snorting
- Jumping jack hating
- Careful to cross her legs when sneezing
- Average, every day, you just can't make this stuff up, dork of a mom
In other words: what you see is what you get and, well, it's our imperfections that make us unique...most especially, in the blogging world...yes?
That being said, I feel blessed to be able to work with some of the smartest, kindest, funniest folks I've ever had the pleasure of meeting (IRL) and touched upon this while speaking on the Blogger and Brand Relationships panel during #BBSummit12 last weekend.
I'm still working on a blog-worthy recap (soon-ish, rather than later-ish) but my friend and BlogHer12 roomie Michelle actually live-blogged the whole shuh-bang AND my sistuh-from-anuh-thuh-muh-thuh Melisa shared her experience as one of the awesome organizers, as well.
I will be live-tweeting from the Reader's Digest BlogHer Suite #4203 as:
- Reader’s Digest editor and best selling author Liz Vaccariello talks about her new book, The Digest Diet, the essential 21-day fat release plan.
- Taste of Home senior food editor Karen Berner talks about the new book, Best Loved Recipes, twenty years in the making with more than 1,400 recipes, each with its own personal story.
Oh, and refreshments will be available along with:
- Two "shake breaks" in the morning
- Desserts in the afternoon (YAY!)
- Blogger interviews with Liz Vaccariello (@LizVacc) and Karen Berner (@FoodEditor) every 15 minutes
- Best Loved Recipes books will be available for display/take.
- Grocery tote bags, water bottle, shake bottle and USB with recipes & images, etc...
- Reader's Digest will be doing 1 LARGE Twitter giveaway each hour (8 giveaways total!)
So, you going to BlogHer?!? EXCELLENT!!!
Be sure to stop by the Reader's Digest BlogHer Suite #4203 on Saturday (8/4) and say...HIYA!...and see a professional dork (that's me!) at work...when you have time, of course...I'll be there ALL DAY!!!
Oh, except during Katie Couric's lunchtime keynote: will someone PLEASE save me a seat, I'll bring the Twizzlers?!?
Or, follow the twitter handles: @ReadersDigest, @TasteofHome, @LizVacc, @FoodEditor and/or me @ThisFullHouse from the comfort of your own home, where clothing is optional and no reservations are required, just sayin'.
In the meantime, if anybody needs me, I'll be upstairs, smell-testing clothes from #BBSummit12 and taping my kids up in bubble wrap.
© 2003 - 2012 This Full House
[Cross-posted to my shopping blog considering, you know, it's usually where I tawk about this sort of stuff]