Jinkies, I've been tagged by Dana and I've been jonesing to join in on Believer's pet peeves - not to mention, I'll do anything to avoid thinking about gut rot, or looking at this - so, here ya' go! Seven pet peeves I've discovered, since last Thursday:
1. The phrase, "It is, what it is." - To which I answer, "Yes, but it can ALWAYS be better...damnit!"
2. Rude customer service people - Look, I've serviced plenty of customers in my time...for more years than I'd care to remember, really...I know what you're thinking...trust me...but, would it kill you to at least ACT like you care...and that your job actually depended on the fact that I am NOT happy...oh, and for the love of Garth...would you please, STOP popping your gum, already!
3. Hotel key cards that don't work - Because I am clumsy, a dork AND technically challenged; 'nuf said!
4. Drivers who refuse to use their directionals - Yes, you've got one and should NOT be afraid to use it, or face the wrath of my evil eye and I AM part Gypsy, you know!
5. Disgusting displays of road rage - Showing me your middle finger will NOT make me inclined to go any faster and if you insist on driving that far up my butt, at least have the courtesy of allowing me to pull over and introduce ourselves, properly!
6. People who stare - Say hello, or show me the booger, already!
7. People who refuse to be the first ones to say, you know, hello - Begging your pardon, your majesty, but...um...our kids have been terrorizing each other for years and I know where you live; you ain't all that!
7 random things I really don't hate:
1. I don't really hate doing the laundry - With my new washer and dryer I was able to get through seven loads, yesterday; it's the folding and the putting away that can take days. Makes for nice extra seating space, though.
2. I don't really hate being a mom - I just don't love it...every...flipping...minute...of...my...life, is all.
3. I don't really hate my breasts, or Facebook - I just don't like how I feel about them, at the moment.
4. I don't really hate bugs - I despise them!
5. I don't really hate it when my husband and I argue - As long as there's lots of kissing and heavily making up, after.
6. I don't really hate to hear my kids complain - It means that they are exercising their right to speak their minds and that I am still listening.
7. I don't really hate my dog - Not today, anyway.
Anyone up for the challenge, feel free to clean off a chair, sit down and tell me what irks you (or, not) the most about this week. Next week: I'll be coming late into an Autumn Swap, jumping back into girl scouts, sweating it out in soccer, basking in my imperfections, making some more travel arrangements and getting over gut rot! I hope.