Garth (not his real name) and I met on a blind date - his oldest sister and I were friends and he only agreed to take me out (ONCE) on a dare - 2 months later, he proposed, I accepted and my father jumped Garth (not his real name) and nearly consummated the union, himself, right their in the middle of the living room!
"Cheese and rice, I thought I was NEVER going to get rid of her!"
Clearly, my parents were extremely happy - hell, my last boyfriend was a hockey player...10 years older and about 5 inches shorter than me...and used Elmer's glue as hair mouse - and everyone in the family pretty much knew that my parents liked Garth (not his real name) more than, you know, me.
17 years, 4 kids, 4 cats, and 1 sock-eating doofus-type dog later, my parents insist that I should start taking better care of Garth (not his real name) as the man is about as worn out as...um...I am and they swear that he gets NO respect!
"Are you kidding me!?!?"
Okay, it's not like I don't know Garth (not his real name) feels a bit tied down at the moment - and not in a fun sort of way, either - I mean, I lived with the man long enough to know that...um...I am NOT the easy woman to live with.
Hey, I'm Hungarian - not to mention, a Gemini and the female half of fraternal twins - we ARE an emotional lot and Garth (not his real name) knew this from, like, right after he asked my father for his permission to marry me.
"Someone help me get Daddy off of Garth (not his real name) please!"
After 17 years, 4 kids....etc...etc...I can honestly say that - although, we're both starting to show a little mileage and several weeks go by before we even get a chance to, you know, squeeze in a tune up - there are certain things about daddy, that mommy knows best.
13 Words of Association for Garth (not his real name)
1. Kisser: luscious, suckable full lips such that Angelina Jolie would be, like, "Niiiiiiice!"
2. Looker: his eyes are a beautiful shade of green and sort of like the color of the ocean, after a storm.
4. Coffeemaker: a perfect pot every time and hands it to me, in the shower, every morning!
5. Bugger: kills spiders and other creepy crawlies, DEAD.
7. Healer: I couldn't have gotten through this week, without him!
8. Believer: balances work, play and a full plate of very cold pasta carbonara with the greatest of ease.
9. Giver: donated $$ to Thing Two's girl scout bowl-a-thon, and walks around with holey shoes, because he is Father Christmas.
10. Dapper: the man can work a suit!
11. Tougher: than most men (even some women...who shall NOT be named...but, 9 of whom happen to work in his office) I know.
12. Whiskers: hence, his blog-alias....Garth.
13. Fodder: makes for great blog.
It's things like these - little miscellaneous words of association that either rhyme, or end in "er" - that does a momma good ;o)
[Disclaimer: the order in which items appear may change according to, and in keeping in line with, the author's mood.]