My friend and fellow Jersey girl Cartoon Goddess has challenged me to be completely honest and, well, contrary to everything I have ever been taught (most especially, by Billy Joel) honesty is NOT the hardest part.
Saying 10 honest things about me, that you guys, you know, don't already know?
After 6 years of blogging my deepest, darkest secrets (okay, so, except maybe mine is mostly about laundry and a bit more, I dunno, dark grayish) there really isn't much left to tell...or, is there?
So, here it goes, 10 things that I have never, EVER told anyone, except maybe my husband, Garth [not his real name] but, he's not talking to me, at the moment, so, you know...
- I canNOT, for the life of me, remember a blessed thing, anymore; like, names of people I have just met a few minutes ago, hollering for the wrong kid (again) and thinking Tuesday is really Monday; however, when it comes to conversations, I have a photographic, or eidetic memory and...um...what was I saying, again?
- Although I have been blessed with many kind and gentle friends, I have always preferred the company of men. Woman are sort of hard to be around, sometimes, you know?
- I have wicked deja vu, all the time -- coupled with the fact that I have an eidetic memory -- so, maybe now you will better understand why I'm always walking around, looking confused, all the time, right?
- I dream in color and, if I happen to wake up, while in the middle of one, I can go back to sleep and finish a dream.
- Unfortunately, that last one, holds true for nightmares, too.
- I can remember my kindergarten teacher's name (Mrs. Rivers) but, don't recall any of my high school teachers...oh, wait...Mr. Nelson, Mrs. Reilly, Mr. Costello...never mind.
- I have a terrible fear of being in a basement and/or attic, having been locked in both, as a child (no, not by my parents and, yes, accidentally on purpose) which, is pretty much the reason why we don't have a basement, or attic.
- My step-grandfather is the reason why my children will never, ever experience abuse, by my hand, or any other, not while I'm alive, DAMMIT.
- When he died, my anger burned with him.
- Honestly, this is the first time I have ever said as much, out loud and DAYUM it feels SO GOOD!
Phew. Honest, much? Now, I'm supposed to tag 7 people and, well, here we go:
1. Busy Mom was one of the first people I ever read (sounds weird, right?) today, I am thankful to call her friend!
2. Jenn from Mommy Needs Coffee (see above) and for her ability to make me stop, think and go, "What?"
3. Mrs. Flinger is a fraking genius, that is all.
5. SocalMom, for making me wish that I lived on the west coast, sort of.
6. Real Men Drive Minivans, 'cause he's a blogging dad, who I had the pleasure of recently meeting (IRL) and makes me feel all, like, YAH MAN! Minivans ARE cool!
7. Headless Mom, see number 5 above.
If you feel so inclined, run with it, my friends. If not, no worries, you already know, I'm easy. Well, maybe NOT so much P.J. -- I mean, we just met!
© 2009 This Full House - All Rights Reserved.